Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Connection, the Contribution of the Artist and Viewer

_________________________________________________________________________

DOWNLOAD “SONIC WEAPONS: The Official Stereo Thesis Music Sampler FOR FREE.” To get your FREE full-length album…click here.
_________________________________________________________________________


After working on developing the skill for making and coloring sketches, I only recently have felt comfortable sharing them with others in my personal life and now I am sharing them with my readers. In congruence with my idea of “creativity overflow,” which I describe in my article “The Overflow of Creativity: Why Artists Need to Find New Areas to Conquer, New Worlds to Explore,” I’ve found it necessary to find new artistic outlets for my creative impulses. Partly encouraged by a dear associate and by my own curiosity, I’ve achieved a level of skill that I’m happy with and suit my purposes as an artist. And now I’d like to share some of my thoughts with you about my experiences as a sketch artist and how it relates to my work as a musician.



As a sketch artist, my purpose is to achieve a communication or a conveyance that shapes an impression. I’m not going for perfection, but rather I’m allowing the viewer to contribute some their own artistic vision to my images in order to fill them out to completion. Both, my sketches and music are illustrations intended to form moments – instances of miraculous agreement or enjoyment (or disapproval) – between myself as the artist and the viewer or listener as a fellow participant. I consider it my job to give them (their minds) just enough of the visual pieces to work with in order to convey an image that they can receive and add something to in order to form a final picture within their mind. I consider it my job to seek a contribution, in other words, I want a certain level of involvement from the viewer. I need the attention of the viewer to get engaged in the shaping of the image and the only way I feel to do that is to in some way leave something out, or to permit a missing piece to exist in which they can put something in.




_____________________________________________________________

Related Music:


_____________________________________________________________

Related Articles:

The Overflow of Creativity: Why Artists Need to Find New Areas to Conquer, New Worlds to Explore

The Music Gallery: Can Music Ever Be Valued as Fine Art?

_____________________________________________________________



Marc
http://stereothesis.com/




To support Stereo Thesis with a financial donation, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment